Friday, October 2, 2009

Well this is a first..

I guess I never did tell you officially that I've been asked to be part of the design team for an online community called The Paper Passion. I first heard of them back on National Scrapbooking Day when a group of us were scrapping together at a local community center. Some of the girls were already involved in the site and when I found out it was local, I was quite excited! The owner and founder of the store and site, Rosa, came out to visit us and she was a super nice lady and so easy to talk to and so friendly. It didn't take my friend Stephanie and I long to go and check it all out and we were hooked!

Being asked to be on their team was a surprise since I have always looked at other people's work and thought it ever so much better than my own. My dil who is living with me right now and who has gotten to know Rosa and family over the last several weeks highly encouraged me to apply and it was pretty shocking to find out that they thought my work was good enough to inspire others. I told my dil that since she got me into this, she now needs to join the forum and start posting her own creations. She's a FANTASTIC card maker!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward not only to being a part of this team but to being pushed to create. I am such a huge procrastinator that it's easy to let too much time go by in between scrapping sessions because my room isn't "perfect" enough or some other lame excuse.

The other team members are Nicole (our co-ordinator), Deborah, Vanessa, Dorrie and Katie. I can't wait to get to know them better and look forward to a great working relationship! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Super stoked to be on the team with you!!
    It is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete