Friday, March 30, 2012

Tyler at two

It's been a long while since I scrapped any of my own children's childhoods. It seems that with the fresh excitement of grandkids, somehow these older gems are buried under the piles of new and fresh. I came across this photo of my oldest son when he was two years old. We were living in a small hamlet on the prairie and these train tracks ran parallel to the town. There weren't too many years before they disappeared all together. The passing of time. Remembering those days with fondness ...


I turned the sketch from  Sketches: Creatively Yours upside down to create my layout.


Why not head on over to the blog and see how the other gals interpreted the sketch. Link up and show us all what you've done!

Tina gave me some of the Winter Twig line of papers from My Little Yellow Bicycle that I thought worked perfectly for this layout. Since the time was almost end of winter in the photo, I thought that the blues and greys worked fabulous with both the season as well as the poignant memories we have of that time and place.

I hope you enjoyed today's layout. Don't forget to check out the links above and have a scrap-happy weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Great layout! And I love that photo, Kelly! I may have to take my gs for a walk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--that's a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Twig for that photo! Beautiful job, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, ITA that the blues and greys worked so well here. The distressing adds so much! WTG, & I love the journaling pocket as well. YOU ROCKED THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are so wonderful. Love that you scrapped this older photo - we just can never run out of scrapbooking inspiration, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a STUNNING photo!!!! LOVE the layout too! Thanks for stopping by my blog on the MSW blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like he has had an travel spirit from the start. Interesting to ponder where the tracks are leading him and to notice the backward glance to make sure that you are still there behind him. Very thought provoking picture.
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete